Monday, November 10, 2008

My son the critic

I love my Kyle. I love his determined spirit, his emphathetic heart, his sensitive soul, and his current appetite. The boy is six and frankly he is eating us out of the house at home. As some of you know, I am on this healthy organic eating kick where I am buying all our meat at a local organic farm. My friend Suzanne and I are having a love-affair with the meat from this local farm. We have spent a lot of time on the phone lately discussing the dinnertime successes we have had with the meat we are buying!

Anyway, at the Halloween party at Suzanne's house she graciously made pigs in a blanket and did not mind that my child consumed most of them:) My boy loves a good pig in the blanket! So I decided to be supermommy today and get the right ingredients for these things and make them tonight (with organic mac and cheese and organic grapes to balance out my guilt)!

I called suzanne from the grocery story and got the exact brands that she uses to make these magical pigs in a blanket. Mike has a board meeting tonight so I thought it would be a nice treat to make these for my boys. First off, David hated them and put his on Kyle's plate and feasted on the grapes-fine with me.

I then asked Kyle if they were good and my son, the food critic obviously, louldly announced that they were good, but they were "missing a little flavor from Mrs. Suzanne's." Whatever-I hope he enjoys the organic broccoli and other veggies I can find for dinner tomorrow night!!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment