Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Motherhood

Motherhood is the hardest job I have ever had.  Yesterday I probaby would have gotten fired if that was an option.  Behaviors were sassy, listening ears were not turned on, and my wee little girl was clingy and demanding.  After our day at home together, an afternoon at the pool, and a stressful ballgame last night, I was maxed out. 

Blessedly I have wonderful Mommy friends around me that encourage me on these rough days in the trenches of parenthood.  I felt like a complete failure and found myself praying more yesterday then in the past week combined.  I prayed for patience and wisdom while reminding myself that these children are God's  and I am merely His vessel to train them up.

I am writing this post to remind myself that "those" kind of days are going to happen. I am sure I will once again be begging for someone to put me, the Mommy, in timeout:)   I have decades of parenting still ahead of me and this is the one thing I desperately want to do well. 

This morning I am reminding myself that God will be with us always-even on the worst day of parenting when tempers are flaring and meltdowns are erupting.  God blessed me with these children and He will walk the motherhood path with me.  He knows my heart and how much I love these children and want to train them up right.  I just pray God is patient with me as I muddle through.  I also pray that my children will know how blessed I feel to be called Momma even when my eyes are rolling at them and I threaten to take every electronic device away in one of my tirades:)

I believe yesterday was a reminder to me that I need to rely on Him to parent these children.  Often when the motherhood train is smooth sailing, I do not pray as often and as hard for my children-why bother God when I have it all under control??  Yesterday was brutal, but it did remind  me that I cannot do this alone without God and His mercy, patience, and love.  I am also blessed that God gave me a teammate named Mike who is a disciplinarian and manages that love/discipline boundary perfectly. 

Today is a new day and I am so blessed to remember This is the day that the Lord has made. I will rejoice and be glad in it. I am also thankful that today we are starting with a clean slate and that I have already lifted my children up to the Throne of Grace this morning. It truly makes all the difference in the day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment