Thursday, November 24, 2011

God Is

This Thanksgiving we are somewhere we do not want to be facing something that we do not want to face. We are a blessed family in that we have lots of love, serve a mighty God, and that this boy has a fan base bigger than Goliath.

But this Momma is scared. I am tired of bad news and I am getting to the point that I myself have "white coat" syndrome. This place is a rollercoasters of emotions as we go from laughing hysterically at our Rock Star who never ceases to entertain and amaze us, to clinging to each other in Jesus' name as we once again hear news that is devastating to us.

We just love this boy so much that it is hard to phathom that our Lord loves him and us even more. Think about that pure love that you have for your children, and now just imagine that our Lord loves YOU, me and David even more than that. Despite our sinful nature, despite our unfaithfulness to Him, His love endures forever.

This morning we have had some quiet time here and I have been in my pink sassy bible reminding myself of all the promises God makes to us. My bible has a section in the back reminding us WHO God is. I cannot tell you how comforting this is to me. I am one scared Momma but God is:

Compassionate: "Praise the Lord, O my soul..... who crowns you with love and compassion. Psalm 103:1-5

Defender: "The Lord will fight for you; you need only to be still" Exodus 14:14

Encourager: "You hear O Lord the desire of the afflicted; you encourage them, and you listen to their cry. Psalm 10:17

Healer: Jesus withdrew from that place. Many followed him, and he healed all their sick. Matthew 12:15

Sustainer: Cast your cares on the Lord and he will sustain you. Psalm 55:22.

The list of WHO God is is way longer than this, but these titles of God have given me much encouragement and hope during this long nightmare. We are having a wonderful family day today-I will post pictures later:)

No comments:

Post a Comment