Sunday, May 8, 2016

Awards, Paintings, and Love

This has been such a busy week but full of love and awards for my man!  Tuesday I met up with him at The Virginia Association of School Superintendents in Roanoke for a luncheon where he was honored as the Region 7 Superintendent of the year!  

Mike is incredibly humble and it was hard for him to accept praise for his job well done in our region.  One of his colleagues won the overall State award, but we are so proud of him for doing amazing things here in Region 7.  There are times that I desire a different vocation for him but listening to speeches by passionate educators made me realize that his job as a leader of a public school system is his mission and his way to serve the Lord by providing opportunities for our children right here in Smyth County.


My man!!  He is the  only reason I would wear heels all day long at a fancy luncheon at the Hotel Roanoke.



Here is his good friend, Brian Ratliffe from nearby Washington County introducing Mike. He hit the nail on the head by talking about his integrity :) It was a great day to celebrate public education and a huge thanks to Pops for keeping our kiddos so I can witness Mike receiving his award.

This weekend has been mother's day and it has been awesome.
Hope Madeline made this card for me and it made me laugh!  She loves to shop, but this girl not so much!  What a blessing to be that sweet girls momma.  

I will never know what I did to deserve these three babies!  Motherhood has been my greatest job, hardest struggle, and biggest blessing.  Mothering these three through unexpected life turns has brought me to my knees before the Throne of Christ.  I learned many years ago I am a terrible mother without Him.  My biggest prayer for my children is not that they make loads of money one day or are valedictorians of their classes, but  that they know, love and serve the lord Jesus every day of their lives.  

We had a family Mother's Day gathering last night in Radford and somehow this is the only picture I got of the whole event! Dave certainly loves his Aunt Net Net!! So thankful for my family! 

While we were visiting with family in Radford this gorgeous rainbow appeared in their neighborhood.  Love these reminders of God's promises.  

This morning was a mad rush to get to church on time but we made it!  The last two Wednesday afternoons the children at the church after school program went to the Henderson to paint for their Mommas. This morning they were on display at church and it was amazing!  


David with his painting... 

And little love with hers.  My heart was so full because the children also...
sang in worship this morning and they melted my heart with their sweet voices.
We ended Mother's Day with a silly game of pie face!!

We have felt the love recently, between Mother's Day weekend with family, seeing the childrens paintings they were so proud of, and me watching Mike receive his award from his peers.  I certainly wish time would slow down,,,,, I am certainly enjoying every moment of this blessing called motherhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment