Monday, August 6, 2018

July 2018

I am stunned that it is the time of year again to drag out those backpacks and head back to school.  This has certainly been a different summer than I pictured, yet for lots of reasons it has been one of my favorites.  Watching my boy work his first job ever (cutest lifeguard I have ever seen), working my garden on my hands and knees, and lots and lots of time in God's word and Netflix have all been good for my soul.  God is up to something with a close group of people I adore and we are trying to pray and follow His lead.  I wish I could tell you more, but we have no idea what God is up to....just that it involves service and as families being the hands and feet of Christ. 

God and I have also wrestled a little bit this summer.  I have no idea why this ankle injury has been so freakishly awful.  I have very little faith in the medical community and just know that there has to be a special place in heaven for Mike Robinson for what that man has done and endured for me.  It has been so hard to travel on a scooter and the most I have mustered is some housework via my scooter and some garden time on my hands and knees.  On this side of heaven I will never understand why this happened but this is what I know.  God loves me.  God's plan is perfect for me.  God understands my anguish and even can handle some hard questions I threw at him.  He is sovereign, perfect and in total control.  Those are the truths that have helped me this past month.  Without Jesus this would have been a very hard month. 

On a different note this past Saturday was our fourth annual trip to VT for Buzz's Bunch.  For real, this is David's favorite day of the year.  We all love Coach Buzz and of course my boys love basketball. 

Here is David with his favorite basketball coach!  Buzz! 

This year David loved Buzz's beautiful daughter as much as the basketball!  Ha!  We had such a good day with them and Dave announced to Coach Buzz he wanted to date his daughter.  Crazy boy-we need to coach him on his gentlemen skills!  This day is so special because of the love and enthusiasm from the players, the Williams family, and the staff. 

Caroline also was there and here she is with Hope and another of Buzz's daughters.  So much fun!

After returning from our trip to Philly we traveled to Greensboro for Kyle's basketball live period.  Our last tournament of the season was then to Myrtle Beach.  I learned a scooter is really hard to use on sand (God bless Mike for getting me out there once) but it such a fun trip. 

Here is Kyle with most of our 16u  guys and a few 15's that had to fill in.  Kyle was challenged and had to play post most of the weekend which is hard around those big guys.  There is such amazing talent at these tournaments and we just wanted him not to get hurt while getting better. 

Kyle loves his teammates and they have such fun together.  Between games they had some beach time, ate of course, and just enjoyed their time together.  They all go to different schools between east Tennessee and southwest Virginia.  They are a great group of guys.  We have such fun traveling with these families and making memories. 

Our three growing babes on the beach.  Kyle got stung on his neck by a jellyfish on this trip.  That was a new one for us.  Me being the one that often gets a little dramatic, almost called 911 but wise Mike called a pharmacists and was told a Bendryl and warm compress should suffice. 

Of course Coach Buzz is our favorite college basketball coach ever, but I did happen to run into this famous Duke coach in Greensboro.  He was at the same tournament we were at recruiting.  He was very gracious:)

I captured this sweet picture of my Kyle working the projector at church.  This is what he does on Sunday mornings.... perfect way for a shy guy to serve the Lord.   I am so excited for our youth activities to get back into full swing.  I am so thankful God called me (and therefore our family) into youth ministry.  We have a service of baptism coming up later in August and I already have a lump in my throat thinking of those teenagers who are taking that big step in their faith. 



So as the new school year begins I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for us.  For me personally it has been a hard season but I know that God makes beauty from ashes.  He is so very faithful.  Even to this grumpy, peg-leg, drama queen! 

No comments:

Post a Comment