Wednesday, October 23, 2019

Checking In

I was reminded the other day with a trip to Food Lion that I have been a blog slacker.  Again.  My apologies.  But in this season for our family Momma has a lot to say and this is a pretty great place to share some advice for my growing tribe.

Kyle is a senior.  I always thought I would be devastated when we would get to this step, but I am good.  I am so beyond excited to see what God has in store for our first born next year and beyond.  Our time is being spent doing the college prep stuff.  If you have a friend that has a senior in high school.... check on them.  We are not okay.  We are tired.  We are sad/happy/excited/depressed all in the same day thinking about our kids being gone.  The college application process takes a Ph.D and lots of patience to navigate.  We are spending our weekends visiting campuses trying to visualize our children there.  Our knees are sore from the hours we have spent on them praying for God to guide and lead our children down His path.  I have had to learn words like FAFSA, common app, super score, and others that make no sense to this preschool teacher. This process is not for the faint of heart. 

Kyle is blessed and has several tennis offers on the table.  We are thankful and excited for him, but we have lots of coaches to meet, financial aid offices to visit, and his dual credits need to be hashed out so his hard work in high school will be counted.  It. Is. A. Lot.  So much.  I just keep praying the Jeremiah 29:11 prayer over all of this.  It is so overwhelming.  For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord.  They are plans for good to give you a hope and a future.  (Jer 29:11).  As I have prayed this over and over for our first born I just keep telling God to make his plan really clear because we Robinsons can be a stubborn crowd sometimes! Ha! 

David and Kyle are enjoying being at the high school together.  David is a freshman.  Unreal.  My heart has exploded a million times already watching them together and hearing from staff how amazing Kyle is with him.  Except for that Wrestling WWE moment in the church minivan my boys are best friends and for that I am so thankful. 

Hope is in fifth grade and doing awesome.  She and a few of her friends started a praise band this summer and it has been amazing to watch her participate in that. 

I promise my slacker days are over:)  Thanks for checking in with us!


No comments:

Post a Comment