Sunday, January 31, 2016

Church Outings

This has been such a fun weekend that pretty much involved outings with church friends. Friday night our Children's Ministry took the K-5th grade kids to Bristol to Chick Fil A and to see the new movie, Kung Fu Panda3.
The church bus was full so I agreed to take David and his friend, Sam, as well as Hope and her BFF, Sydney, in my car.  We were to meet the church bus at Chick Fil A.  So I got my four kiddos their food and got them settled so I could help the chaperones with the kids on the bus.  Well, in this adorable picture of my kids and the cow, you do not see the church bus kids because I went to the wrong Chick Fil A!!  Ha!  You can tell that I am not a big shopper and do not frequent all the shopping areas, because I had no clue a new Chick Fil A had opened near the theatre! 

We finally met up with the rest of our crew and got a group picture with the Panda! He was there advertising for karate lessons, but our kids didn't care!  Ha! The kids were SO well behaved and the movie gave Ms. Ginger an opportunity to talk to the kids about their special spiritual gifts. 
Our kids also loved the reclining seats!
Saturday night I left the little ones home and headed to Mouth of Wilson, VA with a group of middle school youth from the church to go to Oak Hill to watch some AMAZING basketball!  Wow-what amazing talent in that small and cramped gym!  We had a great time!  It was a great youth bonding trip because we were squeezed in there like sardines!
Here is Kyle with Oak Hill player, Khadim Sy who will be playing for Buzz Williams and the Hokies next year!!!!!!!!!!!!  Keep in mind that Kyle is probably 5'10 in this picture. 
Our middle school boys were so scared to ask players for autographs or pictures so this crazy youth worker, taught them how it was done-I love me a selfie and this player, who is committed to Alabama next year agreed to pose for a selfie with me!  Ha!  I think my son was horrified but it made them all get brave to ask for pictures and autographs!

I drove the church bus on winding country roads to get to Oak Hill.  I had loud, silly, and crazy boys riding and an amazing Mom chaperone who helped me out last minute.  We had a blast and I love every single minute of my new gig as middle school youth director.  I am so thankful God opened this door for me.

Today after church these two ballers got their uniforms on for their first Upward game of the season.  Hope cried because she wanted to play ball but not be introduced and have to run out in front of everyone.  David LOVED every minute of his 8 seconds in the spotlight-just shows how completely opposite our children are!
Our girl was not afraid of the ball and actually touched the ball and dribbled it down the court!!! I was such a proud Momma to see her come out of her comfort zone and actually steal the ball from another player!!  Hope and David play at the same time on side by side courts.  Mike was refereeing David's game so Kyle and I sat in the middle and tried to keep up with all three of them! 
David shooting and Daddy ref looking on.  David loves basketball but he needs to lessen the trash talk and focus more on defense!  Ha! 
 
It has really been a fun weekend full of church friends and fun.  I am so thankful that all three of our children have social lives that revolve around church.  :)  I am also thankful for a warm forecast for this week that means that hopefully we can get a full week of school in.

No comments:

Post a Comment