Monday, February 15, 2016

UVA update

Despite the drama of our UVA news Friday night, we have tried to carry on this weekend with our normal schedule.  I was tempted to curl up on the couch with Netflix but Kyle had a basketball tournament that I didn't want to miss.  I love watching my son and his friends play ball and that was a nice distraction.  Mike and I were suppose to go to the hospital gala Saturday night.  I decided not to go but several hours from before the event Mike talked me into going and I am glad I went.  Thanks Hannah for agreeing to come again last minute:)
I am so glad I went to the gala.  I love supporting the charities that this gala supports, and I love getting dressed up and having a date night with my Valentine. 
Hope was our official photographer for the event. 
Sunday morning was church as usual.  The praise band sang some of our favorite songs and it was great to be in church.  My heart was so happy and touched watching our boy praise the Lord.  It is also pretty sweet to leave church with valentine cupcakes:)
Mike has tried to talk to David about going back to UVA again for CT scan and he could care less.  He has been very sweet and snuggly this weekend and I have loved our snuggle time.  I think he knows that something is up but he doesn't truly understand it. 
Crazy to believe, but we are getting hit with tons of snow again this morning.  We have not been in school since last Monday! I wish we were back with our normal schedule because the week flies by with all of our activities and school, but it looks like we will be home for a few more. Watching it snow gorgeous huge flakes this morning reminded me of God's awesome words of Be Still and Know that I am God. Despite what the CT shows, God has got this.  We know how faithful and true he is to us and how can I be in despair?  Yes, we are nervous, we are anxious for answers, and our brains have gone to the reality that cancer does and can come back.  But despite all that God is bigger and mightier than all of this.  This is our blessed comfort and hope when times are hard.
 
Just got the call from UVA that we will go Thursday at 1:30 for a CT scan to check out this crazy shadow.  We are so thankful for your love, support, and prayers. 

2 comments:

  1. Your family is in my prayers. I know it's nerve wracking but if you think about it, David is so trusting that it's all taken care of...like we should all be during the storms in our lives. It's not so easy once we grow up, but it's what the Lord wants...and gives...the peace that passes all understanding.

    ReplyDelete