Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Church Rockstars and Challenger

At church we are so blessed with some amazing musicians.  Bryan is our worship leader and today in the afterschool program he had roughly 50 children worshipping and praising God by singing I Am by David Crowder.  Wednesday afternoons singing along to Mr. Bryan's keyboard with fifty elementary kids is one of the holiest times of my whole week.  He is a rockstar to all the kids and to me too!  If you love contemporary christian music please join us on Sunday morning at 10:00 in in the sanctuary.  Come as you are and be ready to be blessed by Mr. Bryan's gorgeous voice. 

Casey is also another  talented musician that plays in our praise band.  He and David are tight buds and David is now dressing like Casey with plaid shirts and jeans:)  Casey has an amazing band called Forsaken Hero and today they released this new video.  You. must. check. this. out!  We are all belting their latest song out around here tonight.  This video was filmed at church and this song gets stuck in your head.  Every Sunday morning I watch this young twenty-something guy offer his talent back to the Lord and is inspiring.  I am not sure how many hits their song had on youtube earlier today, but after David found it this evening I am sure that number has now doubled!  Check this video out and leave some positive comments for his young, local dude and his band for giving their all to God. 




Pretty awesome song huh?! 

Besides all of my children being diagnosed with strep throat in the last week, two of them tonight at our urgent care, I have been super busy writing a grant for our Little League fields to be handicapped accessible so we can offer Challenger League baseball this spring. 

Every child deserves a chance to come up to bat and make memories on the baseball field.  Click on the link below to learn more about the program we are trying to offer to special needs children in all of southwest Virginia! 

gofundme!

If you have a few dollars to spare, we would be so thankful for your support of Challenger baseball.  After seeing David sit at the front door and cry last year when Mike didn't take him to sign up for baseball, I committed myself to move heaven and Earth to make this program available for David and other awesome kiddos like him.  If you would be interested in volunteering in this program, leave me a comment with your email and I will get back to you.  I promise however you become involved in this program you will receive a blessing! 

No comments:

Post a Comment