Sunday, October 4, 2015

Welcome October!!

Pretty much for the last ten days here in southwest Virginia it has rained.  It has been cool, drizzly and gray.  
Box seats kept these two best friends toasty while they tried to cheer on Virginia Tech. The outcome was not in our favor (kind of again, but lets focus on how much fun they had and not the score). My boys love VT games with Pops and I am so thankful for our Saturdays in Lane Stadium,.
These two cousins along with Uncle Chad braved hurricane weather to cheer on the hokies.  Again lets focus on the family time and not the outcome.  
Last weekend with the church youth group we went and saw the movie, War Room.  It is a must see movie for sure!  I came home and made my own war room and honestly that movie has changed myprayer  life dramatically.  My sweeet little girl saw my war room and wanted to make her own!  Be still my heart to see the earnest prayers from my baby.  Seeing this humbled me with a reminder that our children learn through watching us and I pray that what Mike and I do point them to Christ. 

My prayer list is very long these days.  Many friends and loved ones are going through some serious trials.  I never for asecond  think that my prayers fall on deaf ears.  What a privlege to approach God on his throne with our problems and heartaches.  

On another note I am so enjoying my Seamless bible study with my girls at church.  We are all learning so much and enjoying our fellowship time together as we discuss scripture.  Sarah, made these maple and bacon cookies tonight for our study.  With Jesus and cookies life is indeed good.  

No comments:

Post a Comment