Thursday, November 20, 2008

Family Update

Can you believe this pregnancy counter? My sweet friend, Tracy sent me the link to count down the days until the big event. My, how time has changed since we did this 5 years ago:)

Speaking of my other children, Kyle is so excited that he cannot contain himself. He is obsessed with the week-by-week guide that tells you what is developing each week. Of course he is rooting for a brother, and he announced at dinner last night that week 11 is the big week because that is when the male part will develop! :) I just about rolled in the floor:)

David is still insisting that he is the one and only baby in this family:) If you ask him where our baby is, he will respond by pointing to his chest and saying "me!" That adjustment may be a little bit interesting...

Overall I am exhausted and nauseous. I forgot how exhausting this process really is and then you add my wild boys to the equation, it is no wonder that I am asleep between 8-8:30 each night:)

We have gotten so many fun emails and congratulations from our friends and family. We thank you all for your support and love during this time. I think that this has been such a shock to us all, but the shock is wearing off and we are really getting excited about this new addition. Mike has learned that there are lots of other Daddies out there that had a baby at 40 or even beyond:) I think he is picturing himself on a walker with an oxygen tank at his/her high school graduation. He has learned this week that he will not be the only one qualifying for AARP at graduation! Life is so full of surprises! Blessings to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment