Monday, December 15, 2008

Had a bad day



You know, sometimes life is just difficult. The Christmas season is truly magical, but lets be honest-it is exhausting!! Two weeks ago when I was so sick with pregnancy and bronchitis after our big Thanksgiving trip, My Mom felt sorry for me and came and decorated our tree after Kyle assembled it. It was beautiful, but one day last week I came home from preschool ready to sit beside our beautiful tree and read a book and lo and behold, look what I found. Yes, the tree REALLY fell down. The stand actually broke and down she fell.

I couldn't even respond. We actually had to take it all apart and borrow an extra tree from my parents. Since my pregnancy sickness is not going away and actually getting worse,I begged for mercy and pleaded to just be done with it. Mike called me a scrooge and away he went to retrieve another tree. Last night I finally put the new tree up:) It is beautiful and so far so good it has not toppled over:)

It has been a rough few weeks around here. I have been pretty sick and bless Mike, he has been filling in the gaps. The kids had the stomach flu over the weekend and lets just put it this way, our comforter is at the dry cleaners:) I have never done so much laundry in my life:)

We are excited about the upcoming Christmas break. We have nothing on the agenda except family and Christmas during the whole two week break. It sounds heavenly to me and in the meantime I will be on Christmas tree patrol checking that base and waiting for another topple:)

No comments:

Post a Comment