Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Rainy afternoon thoughts




It is raining here today. The children have no afterschool activities except for church tonight. Mike has gone to an evening meeting, so I was looking at a lesiurely afternoon with my boys. I dug through my halloween stuff and found some pumpkin painting stuff that I bought last year dirt cheap. I gave the boys two pumpkins and look at the final result!

Halloween has been a sticky subject this year due to Kyle's interest in costumes that I do not agree with. We sat down and looked at some costume sites on the internet to find a costume we can both be happy with. I am not joking, but two costume options under kid boys were "hellboy" and "whitey tighty." I was dumbfounded! What exactly is hellboy I will never know, and for whitey tightey, just picture a boy with his pants hanging down to his ankles showing his white underwear-what is this world coming to?! I will keep you posted on the final costume choice... David's was bought weeks ago and he loves it:) He is going to be a monkey!!!!

This week has been sad as we had to say goodbye to Lynn's mother-in-law, Carole. She spent five days in the hospital before she went home to be with Jesus. I went to the service on Monday and was so touched to hear that Carole and her husband, T.W. went to 49 out of the 50 states-they lacked Hawaii! Her life is such a lesson to live fully-thankfully she didn't wait until retirement to do all those trips-she was scheduled to retire on 12/31 of this year. I was so inspired from her service and her life to not wait and procrastinate all those "to do" list items. I often postpone things for silly reasons-wait until the kids get bigger, wait until David is fully potty-trained, wait until Kyle is older, etc.. If I have been reminded of one thing this week, it is to LIVE FULLY and LOVE MUCH!

Enjoy the pumpkin painting pictures and I will keep you posted about Kyle's final costume choice-you can bet it will not be hellboy or whitey tightey!!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment