Sunday, March 1, 2015

Back to Life.... Back to Reality!

After our extended two weeks "snowcation" we are excitedly pulling out the backpacks and lunchboxes to head back to school tomorrow!

We have gotten on each other's nerves, but we have made some awesome memories with friends and here at home.


 
One day last week we met some friends at Bounce Bristol.  Dave has more fashion sense than any of us!  He is such a character.

 
We certainly miss our Jonas friends.  They are nearby in Bristol thankfully.

Hope picked out her sports shirt from Daniel and Pam and wore to jump!  She had a ball bouncing around in that place and of course we had some chick fil a for lunch:)
 

 
Mike was gone for several days last week and the kids missed him so much.  I love that our little reader had to show off her reading skills to her daddy when he got home. 

This past weekend has been full of awesomeness-lots of basketball, awesome church service, Salsaritas with my best girl and shopping!  We were holding hands walking into Hobby Lobby and she said "Mommy I love it when we are just girls together doing girl stuff!"  She is truly such a joy!

 
Love this special group of basketball players.  We may not always win the championship, but I love these boys and our Hornet family so very much.  What a joy to see them all blossoming into men right before our very eyes.  We have been together as a team since they were early elementary school and they are all very special to our family.  I often joke that Mike resembles a lunatic when he is coaching but it is because he has such a passion for the game and adores these boys like his own.  We know that we WILL miss this time with our Hornet family when high school ball starts down the road and AAU tournaments will be a distant memory.  These boys and basketball have brought my man so much joy. 

 
A photographer was at the tournament this weekend taking photos and I bought a few of them.  It is hard to take good pictures in a gym and I was thankful that he captured my son doing something he loves. 
 
Tomorrow it is back to life, back to reality for us all.  I just got off of the phone with Mike's brother's family in Shreveport.  God is up to some exciting things in the Robinson families and I can't wait to see what plans he has for us all.  Jeremiah 29:11 is my go to verse for when I want to control situations and not wait patiently for God's awesome plan to be revealed.  For I know the plans that I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
 
I am so thankful that in the unknowns and question marks in life, God does have a plan for us.  I just need to sit sit, or chillax as David says, and let God be God.  He is so capable of anything beyond my wildest dreams.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment