Sunday, September 8, 2013

Football, Family and Fun

This weekend has been full of sunshine, friends, family, and a little fall football. Friday after school David had a special playdate with Amber's brother, TJ. He is a sophomore at a local high school and he was kind enough to come play with Dave for the afternoon. We went to the high school game Friday night and then Saturday we hit the road for....

the first home Virginia Tech game of the year! David did not care that it was a blowout and Tech won big-he was THRILLED to be there! Kyle and Mike were at a baseball tournament so Dave and I hit the VT campus to cheer on the Hokies.

There is truly no one in the stadium who loves it more than David. He watches every play, never gets bored, and cheers every cheer. When the team comes out the whole stadium jumps to Enter Sandman. Watching David jump, cheer, and scream I got a little emotional. I am so thankful that our boy is healthy and happy and that it seems like a lifetime ago when we were watching Hokie games from the hospital TV. Cancer definitely makes you appreciate special moments and watching David cheer his heart out made me so happy.


We are so thankful for family time at the VT games-this weekend because of Clayton and Kyle's different baseball tournaments, it was just me, Pops, and David rooting for the Hokies. David had a ball and that is all that matters.

Today I heard a sermon at church that convicted me and I am still processing that sermon. I felt like God was specifically speaking to me today and I need to not let the sun go down on my anger, practice a little more forgiveness and grace, and a little less judgment. There are a few situations going on that I have no control over yet are very personal and affect me and our family. I have sadly judged, gotten bitter and angry, and I have definitely let the sun go down on my anger. I am thankful for God's word that convicts me when my heart is not where it should be.

I am going to bed tonight thankful for the sunshine and fun this past weekend, for our healthy and happy David, and for family time. My constant prayer is that God will mold me into who He wants me to be and today I heard loud and clear to show a little less anger and a little more grace. Goodness knows I could use a little grace myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment