Sunday, January 12, 2014

My Mouth and our Weekend

I love when I am downloading pictures off of my camera and find some gems that I did not put there:)  I had forgotten that Ashley had taken my camera when she and David had gone to archery on Thursday. 

I love the concentration:)  I also love his pink shirt. I also love him alot.
 
Friday night we met up with some friends at the Jonas' house for sweet baby Sage's first birthday party.  It literally seems like yesterday that I was holding her in the hospital.  She is the cute red head in the lady bug shirt.  Hope was SO EXCITED about Sage's birthday that she made us paint our nails in preparation for the big party and she wore her finest princess dress and high heels.  It was a fun night with friends as we celebrated the youngest child in our midst. 
 
Yesterday we spent the day watching Kyle play basketball.  They played well against some tough competition.  Our 7th grade team is athletic and scrappy and they are fun to watch.  I love the life lessons that sports can teach and I love that Kyle (and our team) learned the lesson to not be intimidated by size.   
 
This morning in church, I felt like I limped out of there after Jonathan stepped on my toes quite harshly with his sermon.  The scripture that convicted me was Ephesians 4:29 :Do not let unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen.
 
Ouch.  That was especially painful when I had already texted Jonathan and Suzanne yesterday asking if Jesus would be okay if I referred to a kid being a "punk" after he was pushing Kyle under the basket yesterday.  It is great to have a dear friends' husband as your pastor so you can text deep theological questions like that.   As I have said over and over being a competitive, christian sports mom is the HARDEST job I have ever had. 
 
Unwholesome talk sadly is a huge part of our society.  Sadly I often find those kind of words tumbling out of my mouth such as "can you believe" or "did you see on facebook that.."  We are a critical society and I thought this sermon series entitled Critical Condition would be helpful for me to learn how to deal with the critical people in my life.  Sadly, today Esphesians 4:29 pointed out to me that maybe the critical one that needs Jesus is me. If you see me limping this week, you will know that my toes are still a little sore from being stepped on in church today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment