Friday, January 1, 2010

Weclome 2010!

Even typing 2010 looks really odd to me. Does it you? Anyway happy 2010!! We spent New Years Eve out at a party which was tons of fun for us. It felt like Grand Central Station trying to get all dolled up to go. Hope was wailing while I was even trying to get ready, and it got to the point that I held her on my lap in the bathroom as my mother fixed my hair. My mother did my hair in an updo-I felt like I was going to the senior prom! It was fun to get dressd up and as we were saying goodbye to the kids, David said "Mommy Princess!!" Talk about a heart melter....I do not think I will ever forget that!

At the party, it was fun to see acquaintances and friends all dolled up without children. We all mostly watched the Hokie game on a huge screen that I was drooling over for my own house and talked about our kids! I met a blog reader at the party. I introduced myself to this sweet gal and she said "I read your blog!" Too cool. We made it at the party way later than I ever dreamed we would. Hope slept in my mothers arms the entire time I was gone, and Pops was in charge of the boys. We got home in time to watch that crazy man jump over that bridge in his car and watch the ball drop with the boys.

2010-I cannot wait to see what is in store for this family. I hate the word resolutions-too much pressure! These are the things that I would LOVE to see my family work on over the next year:

Eating more fruits and veggies and less fast food.

More reading all around.

Mike and I to exercise more consistently. We do great for a while, then life takes over and we lose our momentum. I really want to train to run a 5K in May-that is a HUGE goal for me right now after just having my third baby. In May there is a local 5K run and 1 mile swim that I could do if I just would train consistently.

Less focus on stuff and more focus on people. That is a hard one because I spent all NEw Years Eve watching the VT game on a 74 inch screen-I could just visualize it in my home. This awful economy has reinforced to me the concept of living below our means because you just do not know what is around the next corner. That is so easy to type, but sometime very hard to live out. We all love new stuff and it is so easy to get caught up in aquisition:) I have to be honest-I got a little sick to my stomach thinking of all the stuff my kids got for Christmas and how there are children out there with nothing.

Getting and staying organized. This is such a challenge for me:) Mike and I have spent Christmas break cleaning and organizing our home, so we are starting 2010 less cluttered!

I love the idea of a fresh start. May 2010 be a year of growth for us all as we try to deepen our walk with God and love on the people that He has put in our path:)

No comments:

Post a Comment