Thursday, March 13, 2014

My Heart...

This has been a wonderful but busy and emotional week.  At church we have had four straight nights of "Lent Launch" Services which have been awesome.  There is something awesome about four straight nights of Revival to get your heart centered on what truly matters. 

Theses "lil cowpokes" were dressed up for Cowgirl day at preschool!  We are making the most out of every "last" special moment at preschool knowing that a new chapter will be starting soon for our sweet and last girl:)
 
 
Not only will my baby in the class be heading to kindergarten but all these awesome kids as well.  Here they are in their homemade cowboy/cowgirl hats at the library.  I am blessed with one of the best jobs on the planet-teaching preschool rocks. 
 
This week in our afterschool program our lesson was on Jesus feeding 5,000 with five loaves of bread and two fish.  Thanks to Pinterest for this cute and hands on activity to remind children about one of Jesus' awesome miracles.  Wednesday afternoons are one of my favorite times of the week. It is crazy and loud with all those children but being there each week has helped me build a relationship with these kids and I love it.  We all sleep well Wednesday nights aftewards, but it is totally worth it. 
 
My heart is overflowing in emotion and excitement that today on this snow day (yes, again it snowed here) I took my baby to register for Kindergarten.  David was so excited for Hope that he was Mrs. Richardson's assistant with her little assessment.  It is a huge milestone because you know once they enter school, time starts flying exponentially. 
 
 
Here is our precious girl in her Hello Kitty glasses performing for their little placement assessment.  She is SO excited and ready.  My heart overflows for our little curly-haired princess. 
 
 
After registering for Kindergarten we hit the road to help my parents move one of my grandmothers from her lake home to an apartment.  My heart can barely  handle thinking about another family making precious memories in the lake house that I have loved since I was a baby.  We have made some precious memories there over the years but people and life change and so must the times.  It is hard work moving an OCD pack rat!  The house will go on the market soon much to mine and Kyle's dismay. 
 
After moving  we went to the local nursing home to visit my other grandma.  She is holding her own despite her limited heart function.  We have had so many coughs and the stomach bug that we have not visited with her for several weeks, so today we were healthy enough to go visit.  David of course had to sing Jesus Loves Me to her. 
 
These Lent Launch services at church has been so uplifting to me this week.  This past week I stumbled upon an old verse to me but it spoke a fresh word to me. 
 
Be very careful, then how you live-not as unwise but as wise, make the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil.  Therefore do not be foolish but understand what the Lord's will is.
Ephesians 5:15-17
 
This verse pierced my heart this week.  I had highlighted it a while back but this week it jumped off of the page at me.  To me it means that we as christians need to be so wise how we spend our time, energy and resources.  I pray this Lenten season and always that I will make the most of every opportunity to love lavishly, glorify God boldly, and teach my children wisely. 
 
 In our society there are so many ways to veer off track and lose sight of what is truly important.  Mike and I are in a life stage where our calendars are FULL each day with kidsand sports activities, school functions, and work obligations.  All that stuff is very important, but nothing is as important as our walks with God and teaching our children to do the same.   

No comments:

Post a Comment