Friday, May 30, 2014

Emotions in High Gear

Emotions are in high gear this week as our baby, the last of the Robinson clan, graduated from preschool.

 
My little sidekick as been with me at FUMC Preschool since she was 22 months old.  Even though she is ready and so excited for Kindergarten, it was with a lump in my throat that I handed her her diploma last night.  We have been blessed with some precious memories and fun times over the last few years.

Marching into the sanctuary last night with her class.  Graduation music always gets my emotions going:)  I know I will blink and she will be marching again to that music for her high school graduation. 
Our little songbird singing with her friends. They performed several songs from their music time with Mr. Bryan including some silly songs and some sweet worship songs. 
Mr. Bryan always does a wonderful little video where he interviews each child on what they want to be when they grow up.  On the video Hope quietly, yet confidently, says "My name is Hope and when I grow up I want to be a doctor." I guess we better double up on her college savings plan if she wants to go to medical school. 
Dream big sweet girl! God has blessed you with a servant heart and sweet spirit.  Stay close to Jesus and follow His path for your life.  We are so thankful God blessed us with a curly-haired little girl. 
This morning her preschool class headed out to Hungry Mother for a picnic and playtime to celebrate our last day of school.  Hope and I are officially on summer break now. 
 
Our silly little girl! 
 
It has been a crazy week around here.  We are all in desperate need of some downtime.  Kyle still has a math SOL hanging over his head and David is now done. 
 
Mike's job has been brutal lately.  It is a tough job to be a Superintendent on a good day, but it is especially hard during tight budget times when tough decisions need to be made.  It has gotten personal, ugly, and heart-breaking.  The good news about all of this is that David's cancer has given us a perspective on life.  Nothing compares to the torture of watching our special needs son endure chemo and radiation.  Yes, personal attacks hurt, but they are nothing compared to the childhood cancer beast.
 
When it is all said and done we are blessed with awesome friends, family, and a Jesus that is always there for us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment