Monday, October 20, 2014

2014 Buddy Walk!

Down Syndrome Creed
Author Unknown

 
My face may be different
But my feelings the same
I laugh and I cry
And I take pride in my gains

 
I was sent here among you
To teach you to love
As God in heaven
Looks down from above.

 
To Him I'm no different
His love knows no bounds
It's those here among you
 in cities in towns
That judge me by standards
That man has imparted
But this family I have chosen
Will help me get started


 
For I'm one of the children
So special and few
That came here to learn
That same lessons as you
 

 
That love is acceptance
It must come from the heart
We all have the same purpose
Though not the same start

 
The Lord gave me life
To live and embrace
And I'll do as you do
But at my own pace.

 
Thank you to the special and wonoderful souls who came to walk with us yesterday to celebrate our kids who are "fearfully and wonderfully" made by God. 
 

 
This is a wonderful community for our children because they are so loved, accepted, and valued for how God made them.  Thank you dear friends for loving our children like we do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment