Sunday, April 12, 2015

Baseball, Sunshine and Superheroes

We have certainly been blessed with a weekend full of sunshine! It was Little League opening day in our neck of the woods and I had a T-baller that was ready to play!


Hope and her sweet little Tball team.  She really loves playing:)
 
I love our little Tball girl:)

 
After Hope's game our family took a shift in the concession stand.  Hope and Sydney were the customer service reps and took the orders!  Ha!  I really think Hope enjoys working the concession stand as much as she enjoys playing ball!  :)

 
Mike has a lot going on these days, but he loves working in the concession stand when he has the time.  It is a great way to see kids he has previously coached.  He wears the plastic gloves well and my man can sling some hot dogs!

 
David's Challenger league did not play this weekend because the fields are one step away from being handicapped accessible.  He is so ready for his first practice this upcoming week!!  During the opening day festivities there was a home run derby and David wanted to participate:)  He hit one in the infield and the big boys cheered for him.  This community is so amazing to our rock star. 

 
Kyle also had a travel tournament.  I wish I could say that I love baseball but I really do not.  Mike and I take turns taking him when he has a tournament so Hope and David do not have to spend their entire weekends at the ball field.  I went with Kyle Saturday evening to his two games, and though I am not a baseball fan, I am a fan of having one-on-one time with my oldest at this stage of his life.  Coming home late Saturday night, just the two of us, we were blessed with a great conversation about priorities, our faith in God and what interest him for the future.  Thirteen year olds can be moody and challenging, so when I am given an opportunity to chat one-on-one,  when Kyle  feels like talking,  I am a happy Momma. 

 
Today I took these cuties to worship while Kyle had day two of his tournament.  My Mom bought this dress for Hope and I really want one in my size!!  It was so awesome to be in church praising and thanking God for his goodness last week with David's clean scan.  During prayer and praise time, David wanted me to tell everyone at church that he had a clean scan.  He was so proud of that scan!  It was truly icing on the cake when the praise team sang his favorite song, I Am, by David Crowder. 

 
Here is superhero David getting ready for his photo shoot for an album cover for the group, Forsaken Hero.  David can be difficult to get a good picture of, but for Casey and Emily Price,  he was perfect!  I now know who I am going to call when I need pictures done of my kids!  Ha!  I cannot wait to see how the final album cover turns out.  We are certainly thankful for this superhero that God put into our lives! 
 
We have some new experiences on the horizon for us this week.  Kyle has his first ever track meet tomorrow and Challenger baseball is starting this week.  After all the planning, praying, and organization, it is going to be so awesome to see these awesome kids take the field this week to play ball! 

No comments:

Post a Comment