Friday, April 10, 2015

Because He Lives



Please take three minutes and listen to this gorgeous song by Matt Maher.  It is beautiful and I have played it probably ten times today waiting on scan news. 

Because Jesus lives we can face the fact that every few months we have to return to UVA hospital to put David through an IV stick and the CT machine to see if the cancer has reared its ugly head again. I love the these lyrics from the song:

Because He lives
I can face tomorrow
Because He lives
Every fear is gone
I know He holds my life,
My future in his hands. 

Jesus is the only reason we can handle these stressful days. 

Blessedly I can report that the day went smoothly for our Rockstar!  He weighs 85 pounds now!!!  His physical exam was good and his Creatinine and labs are holding steady.  He handled the CT beautifully and we got the glorious call late this afternoon that his scan was clean-No Evidence of Disease!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thank you for all the love and support we received today. 

It is now 8:00 on a Friday night and after our huge week we have had, we are in our pajamas and headed to bed.  Put a fork in us, we are done!  We are going to bed exhausted yet thankful that our red-head is getting closer to the magic five year milestone!! Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment