Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Life's disappointments and Challenger Baseball

Life is not always easy and perfect, but life is good.  This past weekend the house on Claytor Lake that we love so much sold.  It has been on the market for a while now so it should not have been a surprise when I got the call that it is under contract.  I am a sentimental person who has a lot of love and memories tied up in that house.  It has been apart of my extended family for over 40 years. 

Jeremiah 29:11 is my go to verse and this week I have chanted it over and over.  For I know the plans that I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  This verse has been special to us for many years, hence the name of our daughter, and this week it has sustained me.  We have this vision of what we think life will look like, and sometimes God's vision and reality are not the same.  I trust God completely even when my heart hurts and things on this side of heaven make absolutely no sense.  God's got this and He has proven over and over how trustworthy He is.

My fabulous photographer friend, Jason Burris attended the first Challenger game Saturday.  He sent me a few pictures from the day and I actually gasped when I saw them. 

This is Jacob hoofing it to first base.  Running is a challenger for him, but check out that determination!  I love this boy and I love this picture!!! At the volunteer meeting there was a wee bit of a fight over this cutie:)

 
This little dude inspires me every single day and I am so proud of our little baller!  Look at that awesome form!  He was by far the sassiest player out there Saturday!

The whole first game was amazing but I was especially touched at the preteens and teens that begged and harassed their parents to bring them to this to get involved.  Saturday watching these teens interact with the challenger players assured me that the next generation is going to be fine and dandy. 

 
Seeing that smile on my boys face made all the planning totally worth it.  Thankfully Amber was not hurt carrying David and his 85 pounds off of the field! 

 
Even my shy Kyle had a wonderful experience with his player.  When we got into the car to head to the Smokies game, Kyle was smiling and he said "wow Mom that went really well!"  Thirteen year olds do not show that much excitement typically so that made me smile.  God blessed our world with these differently-abled children and this weekend watching them on the field made me pause and thank God.  Our lives are richer and fuller because of them.  We can see God's handiwork in their lives and they bring such joy to us all. Our games are at noon on Saturdays at the Little League field in Marion.  If you are free- come on our and cheer on some pretty amazing ball players. 

No comments:

Post a Comment