Sunday, April 4, 2010

Easter weekend 2010

On Thursday when the boys got out of school early, we hit the road for a Robinson road trip! We headed to Ohio to visit the NFL Hall of Fame in Canton, Ohio. My aunt lives very near there, so my parents went with us and dropped off my grandmother to visit for a few days. Outside of the Hall of Fame, they have a real astroturf mini football field that my boys LOVED. Here is David kicking the ball!

All four boys ready to see some football stuff:)

Grace's Dad, Jonathan made Kyle a scavenger hunt to complete while we were there. Kyle had a blast filling in the questions he made up for him.



Hope just hanging out in her cute Easter outfit:)




Also in Canton is President McKinnley's museum and grave so we of course had to visit there! I joked that Mike got his nerd on during this trip!! He and Kyle were in heaven on this trip-sports and President stuff!



AFter the Hall of Fame, we traveled around Ohio Amish country. I know this picture is totally illegal since you cannot photograph Amish folk, but technically I am only taking a picture of their buggies outside an IGA grocery store. I thought it was so neat that the grocery store had parking places and a post to hitch up horses and buggies. I am obsessed with Amish stuff and I really enjoyed this part of the trip. We went to some neat bakeries and a great cheese factory where you could sample anything you wanted.


We got home late Saturday night in time to get ready for the Easter bunny! Here is sweet Hope checking out her easter basket.

David got a new book! Kyle got up super early as only Kyle does to see what the Easter bunny brought. We had to wake David up!!


I had very little luck getting a good picture of all three kiddos, but here is a sweet one of Hope taken outside:) After church we headed to my grandparents lake house to enjoy the beautiful weather and celebreate Easter with my whole family. I hid eggs for the boys to find and here is David with his lifejacket on!! He was patiently waiting on someone to take him for a boat ride, so he was all suited up ready to go on the boat:)





The boys had fun doing some egg and spoon races. With four boys in the family games tend to get pretty competitive!! My boys love spending time with any of their cousins-the ones here in Virginia and our other boys in Shreveport.


Finally after much waiting David finally got his boat ride. Here he is with my grandfather busting a move on the boat. The boat has a radio on it and we were listening to some tunes on the lake. It is rarely this beautiful on Easter and we enjoyed every moment of it!



Chad and Clayton!


I LOVE this look of pure joy on Kyle's face when Chad pushed the throttle down on the boat and we took off!!




This Easter has been wonderful-full of family time and adventures. My house looks like a tornado went through it but that is fine with me! We enjoyed the time together as a family and enjoyed the BEAUTIFUL weather we were blessed with this year.











No comments:

Post a Comment