Friday, July 11, 2014

Cancer Absolutely Stinks

We have truly lived and loved every moment of Summer 2014 thus far.  We have camped at church camp, boated and tubed on Claytor lake, cheered on our baseball boys, watched beautiful ballerina friends twirl and tap during summer dance, and spent many hours of sun and fun at our neighborhood pool. 

We have done lots of bible study and scripture study this summer.  This is our current family scripture to help our youngest work on their work ethic:)
We have spent lots of time with friends.  During the school year life is often too busy for spontaneous play dates and adventures, but the low key summer schedule allows lots of fun to catch up. 
Life feels almost perfect on Pop's boat on Claytor Lake especially when friends are with us. 
 
Summer dance has been a treat for this little tapper and her friends. 
 
Despite the joy of the summer and our sun tans suggesting that life is carefree, I woke up in an absolute panic last night due to a nightmare that David had relapsed.  The nightmare was so real and vivid that it has rattled me this morning.  I firmly believe in God's plan for our family and trust in Him completely, but the reality of childhood cancer sneaks back in like  wrecking ball and tries to destroy my peace and my joy.  It also doesn't help that he has a scan coming up on August 8th. 
 
So pardon my language, but childhood cancer you suck.  You and the devil are an evil team trying to rob this Mom from the joys of summer.  Go away relapse nightmares and go away stupid Satan we still have a vacation in Pennsylvannia to look forward to and my favorite week of the year-Vacation Bible School at church.  I am standing firm on the promises of God this morning from Isaiah.
 
But now, this is what the Lord says, he who created you, O Jacob, he who formed you, O Israel; Fear not, for I have redeemed you, I have summoned you by name, you are mine.  When you pass through the waters, I will be with you, and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you, When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned, the flames will not set you ablaze.  For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.
 
Isaiah 43:1-3
 
Those  verses give me the chills because I love that strong statement "you are mine."  Oh that is so comforting to know that I am His!  It is also amazing to me that this verse tells us that bad and hard stuff is going to happen to us-he never promises an easy life, he just says that because of Him the hard stuff will not overtake us.  His word is more powerful than any nightmare I can ever have!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment