Monday, August 25, 2014

Blog Slacker

I have been a wee bit of a blog slacker the last few days.  Since my own kiddos went back to school I thought I would have all this time to be leisurely before going back to preschool.  It has been the absolute opposite.  I have been a busy busy bee trying to prep preschool rooms, serving in  the food pantry at church, and prepping this house for a visit from my mother-in-law in a few weeks. 

The kids have adjusted well to school.  Hope is exhausted but is loving kindergarten.  It has been such a joy to have a girl in school because they tell you EVERYTHING.  When I ask the boys about school I may get a shrug of the shoulders or a generic "good."  Not so with our little girl, she tells it all and that has been fun.

Last week I served in the food pantry at church and once again it had a profound impact on me.  I know that there are lots of jokes and snarky comments floating around on social media about people sitting around and living off the government while "we" are the ones working to help them.  I know there are people that do manipulate the system, but I also have learned that there is a real need for basic food.

It is humbling to sit across the table from folks that come to our food pantry and fill in some basic eligibility paperwork to see if they qualify for USDA food.  To hear their stories and to see their faces humbles and touches me.  There was one lady that did try to lie to and manipulate me (the newbie paperwork gal) to get an additional box of food.  She knew to come to the new gal with a tender heart !  I love working in this ministry at church and I am so thankful for the lessons it has taught me.  This food pantry is Jesus' way of reminding me to love my neighbors-not to judge them and feel righteous about them, but to just love.

Yesterday our worship team rocked this song and it touched me so. 

All the Earth
Will shout your praise
Our hearts will cry
These bones will sing
Great Are You Lord!


Despite the heartaches and disappointments in this life, Great are you Lord!  Despite bad medical diagnosis, divorce, and drama, Great are you Lord!  Despite bankrupcy, broken hearts, and miscarriages, Great are you Lord! May those words forever be in my heart and on my lips as I carry on today and everyday. Amen.





No comments:

Post a Comment