Wednesday, August 20, 2014

First Day of School 2014

Our kiddos headed back to the classroom today!  This week is always a week bit emotional for me  because  I am forced to realize that time is marching on.  I was up at 3:45 this morning and I was so excited and nervous for my kids that I had a hard time going back to sleep.  I finally just gave up and started my day. 

David insisted to wear a shirt and tie like Daddy and to "be hot for the ladies." 

My loves heading out the door for the day-Kyle (7th grade), David (4th), and Hope (kindergarten).  We took Kyle to the middle school and then headed to Oak Point where Mike was meeting us to drop off Hope and David. 

 
When we were walking up to the school, Hope saw Payton and Dalton who are preschool friends who are also in her class this year.  David insisted that Hope tell him goodbye and hug.  Precious! 

Quick Mommy/daughter picture! 

This is the moment I aboslutely lost it. I had to leave the school before I embarrassed myself.  Sweet Ms. Surber took Hope, Payton, and Dalton by the hand and led them to their class in the gym.  She walked away and my heart broke.  I was not prepared for this outburst and I barely made it to the car before  snot and tears were flying.  It was a big ole ugly cry.  Blessedly my girl never saw my tears and had a fabulous day!  All three of mine had a wonderful day!

Tonight we headed to church for a wonderful event called Blessing of the Backpacks.  It was awesome.  Simply awesome.  The church members have been donating school supplies and tonight we invited anyone and everyone to a pizza dinner, a short time of woship and prayer, and then to those that needed it distribution of school supplies.  What a wonderful way to end the day! 

It was a great night to check in with friends and see how their day at school went-I love Olivia's expression!  I helped serve pizza tonight and what a blessing not to have to cook!  After my 3:45 wakeup a pizza meal at church with friends was a blessing. 

A nice crowd turned out to give and to receive school supplies. 

Our new pastor, David first called the school teachers and administratos up to pray for them.  Mike was up there with several other teachers and staff.  Then he had all the children come up with them and then they were prayed for. 


Everybody that attended tonight received this backpack/work bag tag to take home from the event.  On the back side there is a bible verse on there.  Coming together with friends, praying for our kids, and eating yummy pizza and desserts was a wonderful way to celebrate the first day of school.  My heart was touched.  If folks needed supplies they could come up afterwards and get the supplies they needed for school.  It was an honor to help kids stuff their backpacks with much needed supplies. 
 
Pastor David's final prayer was for the families and he had the families come together and pray together.  I love that Hope is grabbing her DAddy's shirt and I love that David is holding onto me.  My heart is thankful for a wonderful first day of school for my kiddos.  My heart is full from a wonderful meal and fellowship with dear friends new and old, and my heart is overwhelmed to God fo blessing us.  This Momma is super tired from my early morning but I am going to sleep feeling blessed.  To God be the Glory today and everyday.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment