Sunday, November 8, 2009

Betcha Didn't Know

My mind is all over the place this morning. I went to a great bible study last night and looking ahead to a busy week. Every bible study is fun and wonderful, but sometimes the message just pierces your heart in a way that takes you a few days to process. I learned last night that we should not be victims of our culture, but victors for Christ. Wow.

Anyway, one of my sweet but delusional friends made the comment last week that it seems that I have it all together. I laughed at her and it made me realize that often only a few really close handful of people really get to see all the different sides of us. I thought it would be fun to do a blog post on some random facts about me that you may not see often (thankfully)!

I hate smoke. I mean I really, really hate the smell and often will give dirty looks to people that do smoke. I do not mean any harm, but I think if they are smoking close to my sweet asthmatic child then they are selfish.

I stay out of Mike's school business due to the fact that this is such a small community, but woe be the person that says something negative about my hardworking, selfless, spouse. I can come unglued quickly when I hear that someone is trashing my hubbie in the community. I just got over holding a grudge from 10 years ago when Mike was treated so amazingly unfairly.

I really like Metallica and Kayne West. Shocking for someone that listens to praise and worship music the rest of her time.

I can be a tad bit judgmental sometimes and that is a struggle I deal with daily.

It still blows my mind that I am a mother to three children when we were told nine years ago that having children would be a challenge. It then makes me so abundantly thankful that God chose to make me a Mommy the old-fashioned way when doctors felt like it would take "help." I guess God wanted all the praise for my children and not some fertility drug.

I love women's bible study. I dig the fellowship, the inclusive feeling of anyone's welcome, and it has thrilled my soul that my daughter has gone with me to everyone so far. It is so fitting that Esther has been Hope's first study when I totally dig her myself. There are only a few places you can go in the world where you feel totally welcome and people are thrilled to see you and that is how I feel at bible study. I want Hope to love it also.

I has taken me ten years of marriage (almost) to realize that Mike cannot give me everything I need. I have tried miserably to mold Mike into my BFF and thankfully that has not happened. Don't get me wrong....if something good or bad happens he is the first call I make, but thankfully I have given up the expectation that he will sit and beat the horse dead with me on every issue-get what I mean? Thankfully because Jesus is all I need then my friends can be my friends, Mike can be my spouse and life partner, and my kids can just be my sweet children. What a burden lifted!

I love cooking for loved ones.

I love to listen to my brother and mother sing-together preferably.

I suffer from road rage. I am a great driver-why can't the rest of the world drive as well? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment