Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Catching My Breath

I am sitting here at the computer to catch my breath. We have been in overdrive for several days now and it is catching up to me. Over the weekend Kyle went to the Hokie game with my Dad and brother and David had a birthday party. Then Sunday the whole family (my parents included) went to Johnson City to see Mercy Me.

The concert rocked. Johnny Diaz opened for Mercy Me and sang his sweet song, More Beautiful You which I talked about on my blog several months ago. I so enjoyed singing that wonderful song with a wonderful message to my little girl. I want her to learn NOW that she is wonderfully made by God and that she is perfect just the way she is:) Awesome. Then Mercy Me came out and rocked the house. There first set was super loud and then they mellowed some with some great worship music. David is our music dude and he LOVED the music and played every imaginary instrument he could think of:)

Today is rush around day as I prepare Mike and Kyle's stuff to head south for the holiday. Mike really feels that he needs to go to Louisiana and check on his Dad and see his family, but the trip there is brutal with a new baby. Flying is not really an option because there are not many good connections between or airport and the one there, so driving is just easier all around. They are leaving today and will be home Saturday or Sunday. I will miss them, but I know in this season of life sometimes you just have to do what your heart tells you to do. Mike's Dad's health has been precarious over the last year and he is almost to the point that he needs assisted living but for now he is still living solo. Mike's feels guilty that he is not thee helping his brother with the more day-to-day care of their Dad so when he gets a break he wants to check in with him. Kyle is THRILLED to go-he loves his cousins and spending time with them is a treat:)

I will miss my boys, ESPECIALLY because while they are gone we will celebrate our 10 year anniversary. I will talk more about that later, but for now, I am packing bags, making goodies, and trying to finish up some laundry:) Pray that my boys have a safe trip full of Daddy-son bonding and fun times with cousins. Hope, Davey and I will hold the fort down here and eat lots of yummy turkey food while we wait for them to come home:)

No comments:

Post a Comment