Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Pops

I am asking you for prayer for my Dad. Tomorrow (Thursday) he has surgery at Montgomery Regional Hospital to remove his thyroid. One side of his thyroid is super enlarged and the doctor is suspicious that it is indeed a malignant tumor. Since it is suspicious and the doctor feels that it is cancerous, then the other side will be removed as well. He will be in the hospital overnight and will come home Friday with a drainage tube.

He will then start thyroid medicine to regulate his thyroid. Until the medicine totally replaces the thyroid that will be taken out, he will feel pretty yucky according to his doctor. The doctor feels that this is not related to his leukemia, which seems very strange to me. I am trying so hard to remain faithful and hopeful, but it worries me that he could possibly have two different types of cancer in his body? We also do not know if he will need additional treatments post surgery.

We truly appreciate your prayers and thoughts. Mom and Dad just got off of a cruise for five days and they had a great time together. Needless to say, we would rather not be dealing with this right now at Christmastime, but we know that God will be with us-He is always so faithful:)

Chad and I (and Hope) will be going to sit with Mom during the surgery. We will update as we can. We covet and appreciate your prayers so much. Each morning I have prayer time with my kids, and it seems that our list of people that are fighting cancer is getting longer and it makes me sad that my Dad is on that list.

Just recently my family, with Mom and Dad went to see Mercy Me and this is one of my favorite songs they sing. Just a month ago we got to see them sing this song live and it means so much to me-Bring the Rain.

Bring me joy, bring me peace
Bring the chance to be free
Bring me anything that brings you glory

And I know there will be days
When this life brings me pain
But if that is what it takes
To praise you,
Jesus Bring The Rain

Our family just prays that during this rainy season in our lives that He will get the glory. Often when times are tough is when we turn to him for strength. I posted the video from that song below-enjoy and thanks for your prayers:)


No comments:

Post a Comment