Sunday, April 28, 2013

Weekend Catchup Because Momma Needs It

Today it is pouring rain in our neck of the woods.  I do not like rain at all, but today it is a welcome relief to be home with all baseball games cancelled for today.

This time of year is really busy, but the last five days have been crazy.  Wednesday's trip to UVA wore me and David out and then Kyle had three straight evenings of baseball games.  We love both his travel ball team and his little league team and we love to cheer on these boys, but today I am so thankful to be home in my pajamas.

Yesterday we were in the sprinkling or drizzling rain cheering on Kyle in one travel ball game and one little league game.  Travel ball game was a win, but the little league game was not:(  It poured during the little league game and by the time Kyle got on the mound to pitch it was really a steady rain.   Hope and David mostly stayed dry but last night after being damp and chilly we were all ready for hot baths and warm pajamas.

As I have shared on here before, I am doing a Run for God bible study right now.  We are training to run  a 5K on June 1st.  Yesterday there was a local 5K to help raise money for a retired local law enforcement officer who is battling cancer.  Battling cancer is near and dear to my heart, so I attempted to run the race to raise money for his treatment.

We are only in week 7 of our training, so I am not quite race ready yet, but it was a good practice race for a great cause so off I went.  I was very nervous but excited.  The first mile was easy peasy, second mile started easy but then my legs went jelly. I had two great partners yesterday-a friend and a dog.  We were on the same pace so after I bagged my earphones, we enjoyed the race together. 

I was proud of myself for trying and finishing!!  It was a great practice for our June run but it was also humbling how much more training I need to do.  It would be so tempting to get frustrated at training because sadly it takes forever to build up your stamina and endurance but it takes very little time to lose it.  When I get frustrated I just keep reminding myself that David endured months of torture, I can certainly train to run a few miles in discomfort.  I also need to keep reminding myself that we literally sat in a hospital or clinic for almost a year and that I need to be patient with myself. 

I do not love to run.  I love how I feel after I run and I love that my body is getting healthier. I love the social aspect of running and I really love the cute running tights and clothes.  I know it will get easier as I train more.  The June run is the exact same course so I am excited to see if I can lower my time!  I am a very competitive person:)

Today is rest and more rest.  I am amazingly not that sore from my race but I am definitely tired.  Tonight the boys and I are going to snuggle in our warm bed and finish watching the fourth episode of the bible that we still have not finished.  Days at home at precious and priceless! 



No comments:

Post a Comment