Thursday, May 23, 2013

Our week

After the exciting news from the scan I now feel like I can inhale and exhale fully.  I am also now super excited to plan some summer fun for this family. 

I think it has rained the last four weekends in a row.  Baseball season has been a wash out literally, and Hope has been anxiously awaiting to wear her new summer clothes.  Finally Sunday it was warm up to break out a summer dress for church. 
It had rained so hard Saturday night that Kyle's double header ball game was cancelled Sunday afternoon due to wet fields, so I loaded up Hope and david and to head to the lake.  David was THRILLED to get back on Pop's boat. 
This picture makes me smile-David is so healthy and happy!  Glory to God! Last Summer he got to ride the boat a few times, but he was so sick and pale.  We had to keep a big sun hat on his bald little head.  I was overwhelmed in thanksgiving seeing him enjoying just being a boy on a boat. 
Hope was not too thrilled with the boat but we went very slowly.....
Handsome Dave!  He was so excited and silly to be on that boat again. 
 
This week I have also been in a cooking mood and I found an easy chicken and dumplings recipe that you make in the crock pot.  Kyle had thirds it was that good:)
 
This week I have been busy at preschool finishing up my classes for the year.  I am always excited for summer to be with my kids with a more relaxed schedule, but it is always hard saying goodbye to my little students that are heading to kindergarten.  When you teach, these little kiddos wiggle into your heart and it is hard saying "see you later" but they are ready to move on.  Tonight is our big graduation and tomorrow we have a "mess fess" planned for childhood cancer.  I am so excited!!

No comments:

Post a Comment