Sunday, June 29, 2014

Baseball, VBS, and More Baseball

We have been in full baseball mode around here this past week.  Kyle's area all star tournament started this past weekend.  Those closest to me know that baseball is painful for me to watch-it is boring and stressful all at the same time.  But, my man and my oldest love it so therefore I am there cheering them on. 

All of Kyle's team lined up for the National Anthem.  I am not sure who was more excited-Coach Mike or Kyle:)
The whole team batted so well this tournament and we went 3-0 in our area tournament so we will advance to Districts starting this week.  Here is Kyle batting!
Kyle pitching! 
Getting his First place pin :)
Mike getting the water cooler dump!  Coaching is one of Mike's joys in life.  His joy has been stressful lately (notice the 15 lb weight drop:( and it thrills me to see this smile.  He loves these boys and he loves every single minute of this. 
This was my favorite memory from this tournament.  Kyle has not hit a homerun this entire season in a game and yesterday he hit two in the same game.  He was so excited and here he is giving his Daddy (who is the third base coach) a high five!  Check out that grin. We play sports for the life lessons that come from being on the team, the friendships, and for the memories.  Kyle is hanging over my shoulder as I write this and he wants me to be clear that he is in it to win.  :) 
Running to touch home plate!  I love seeing my boy smile. 

Kyle is at the age where he does not think my love for photography or my camera is cool.  At all.  He thinks I am obsessed with pictures and he gives me grief when I asked him to pose.  I really wanted to capture this moment for him by having him pose with his two homerun balls-this is what I got:)  Ha!  He is trying to smile through gritted teeth:)

We have also been in VBS mode over the last week.  Tonight we had a decorating party and I get so excited about the idea of serving lots and lots of children through VBS this year.  Our new pastor and his daughter were there tonight and it was nice to chat and craft and get to know them.  God is doing awesome things at FUMC and I am so excited to serve in children's ministry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment