Sunday, September 12, 2010

Football Weekend

We have certainly enjoyed lots of football this weekend. Mike is teaching a new class for UVA in Roanoke at the Higher Ed Center, so I took all three of my babes home to Radford for the night. Chad and I took our boys to watch Radford play George Wythe.

I have to admit that it was super surreal to be at my high school alma mater with my boys in tow. It was fun to see some of our extended family and the boys had fun. Here is my Kyle sporting the black and gold.

My Dad has kept the clock for the high school varsity and JV games for the last 42 years. It blows me away that he has volunteered for that job for all these years. As a child, it was such a treat to hide in the toasty press box with my Dad on those cold Friday nights in Radford. The boys had to visit Pops in the press box before the game.

You have to be almost silent up there because Pops has to pay attention to the field referees and there are two different announcers going on during the game. Kyle and Clayton snuck up there during the fourth quarter to watch Pops in action.

David is sitting on my cousin, Abram's shoulders. Abram plays baseball for Radford University and David wore him out at the game! His brother, Harrison, plays for RAdford so we cheered for him all night. David cheered his guts out for him until he passed out in the arms of my mom's friend Shirley during the fourth quarter. Carrying that 50 pound child out of that game in sandals was certainly a challenge:)
The next morning it was time for Hokie football!!

Here are my boys with their cousin, Brandon. Brandon and Matt came up from Knoxville to use Pawpaw's tickets. Pawpaw had already bought the tickets for this year and I am sure it would have thrilled him for his grandson and great-grandson to use those tickets. This was Brandon's first ever VT game, so we made it special by tailgating. Unfortunately the weather and the Hokie players did not cooperate to make it a perfect day.

Playing a little football in their "white out" shirts that GG bought them. I am thinking of possibly burning those suckers-who needs a constant reminder of one of the worst loses in VT history? Uggh.


Every tailgate needs a few chicken tenders and a few cute boys:)


Pops and Kyle

Matt and Chad during our tailgate before the rain started. I think the boys had a blast tailgating-they played a little corn hole and of course we took a few trips to the port-a-potties. :)
Unfortunately all the fun we had did not make those Hokies play any better and we lost to JMU. Unbelieveable for the whole Hokie nation, but it is a good lesson to teach our kiddos that to be a fan you must be a loyal fan-through the good days at Lane Stadium and like today, the ones you want to forget. Next up next weekend is East Carolina and I just hope and pray those hokie boys practice really hard this week:)

No comments:

Post a Comment