Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Random Pictures and Thoughts

Here are some precious pictures of my two playmates from yesterday. Last night David and Hope had their first music class for the semester. They were both so excited to get a new CD to listen to at home. We came home and David started playing it right away. We love the new songs and it was so sweet to watch them play as those songs played loudly in our living room.

As a mom of almost nine years now (gasp!) I have the perspective that precious stages do not last forever and I am choosing to cherish each stage. I LOVE this stage that Hope is in. She is still tiny (20 pounds now at 15 months) but she is walking everywhere and just takes the world in. I love reading books with her:) She is also very into kissing and here is a sweet kiss I caught between her and David!
She is loving her little pigtails and she keeps them in all day long.


I love this stage where a laundry basket can seriously entertain her and David for hours!

Loving on the her sweet Bitty Baby.


David is also very into books (hence the pile behind him) and these little animal counters. He is suppose to use them for doing Math, but I think I caught him in this picture playing football with them! Ha!
On a random note, if you listen to the new song that is first on my blog playlist you are in for a real treat. The song is called The More I seek You and I am in love with it. I have played it now for two days straight and It just speaks to my heart right now.
We all feel weary and overwhelmed during various stages of our life. We all feel spent because our "tank" is empty. This song just ministers to my soul. I love the chorus
I want to sit at your feet
Drink from the Cup in your hand
Lean back against you and Breathe
Feel your heartbeat
This love is so deep
It is more than I can stand
I melt in your peace
It's overwhelming
I don't know about you today, but I really need a Father that I can lean against and allow His peace to overwhelm this stressed-out, calendar maxed out, weary Momma.
Also, the part about feeling Jesus' heartbeat just makes me have chill bumps all over. We all have loved ones with Him now and just to know that they are in his presence and can feel his touch brings me joy. I still miss my Pawpaw so much and this line about leaning on Jesus and just breathing touches me so. BECAUSE of Jesus my Pawpaw is able to literally lean on Jesus now and take a deep unassisted breath. He is witnessing first hand the overwhelming peace that can only come from the King of Kings.



No comments:

Post a Comment