Friday, September 24, 2010

Music Lovers

On Thursday nights I take my two music lovers to Music Together at a local church. Mrs. RaeAnn comes and teaches a music class for children ages birth-five(ish). My two music lovers ADORE this class and it is one of the highlights of the week. We have a CD that we listen to at home!

Last night David decided to take his guitar and play with Mrs. Raeann. I love it!:) This boy is a guitar-playing fool and one day soon we hope to get him guitar lessons.
The class is after dinner, so it is called a "pajama class" and the children are encouraged to wear comfy pj's. Hope got to wear her hand-smocked nightie that was a gift from Karen. David wore sports clothes because that is what he sleeps in.

Pardon how terrible and sweaty I look here. The room does not have AC in it and we have had a freak heat wave here this week.


I love that David gets Hope her instruments and is always wanting to help her.

David temporarily joined the Blevins family for snuggle time. Thankfully their girls were sweet enough to allow a boy in the mix!


Hope listens so intently and I am convinced that this class is one of the reasons that she is so verbal these days and sings all the time. The songs from this class truly become the soundtrack to our family time. We have two CD's-one for the car and one for home. David and Hope ask for this music way before asking for a certain TV show.
I am so thankful that my kids have this opportunity. I can do a lot for my children, but unfortunately music instruction is out of my comfort zone! I am so thankful for our Thursday nights where we can gather with friends and sing and dance our hearts out!





No comments:

Post a Comment