Sunday, November 7, 2010

Our Weekend

Another Fall weekend that has been action-packed with fun. I am not sure how much longer we can keep this pace up, but it has been a great weekend full of soccer, Upward basketball, church circle meeting for me, and more soccer. I am so thankful for that extra hour of sleep we got this weekend due to daylight savings time! I love the weekends and despite being on the go we are together cheering on our kids.

This might be one of my favorite pictures of Kyle playing soccer. This kid has fallen in love with this sport and he has loved this travel team that he has been on this fall. We traveled to Bluefield Saturday for two games and it was freezing! We saw snow during the second game.
It was so cold during the games that we stayed in the car to watch!! Hope was thrilled crawling all over the car and here she is reading her favorite Elmo book.

Saturday morning we started our day at an Upward basketball game for David. I could write a whole post on how proud of a momma I was during that game watching David play!!! Kyle and Caroline hung out with the big kids and played DS:)


David and Tommy playing on different teams, but having fun. David put his uniform on Friday night to wear to the game Saturday morning!

The two teams praying before the start of the game.
Saturday between basketball and soccer we stopped by and got our pictures taken for the church directory. Everyone joked with Mike that he was pretty dressed up for a basketball game, but we went dressed for the pictures. Here is sweet Hope in her new dress jacket:)

She loves to dress up-she is also obsessed with my makeup which is scary:)


After the fun of the weekend, I do believe that this was my favorite part: David being announced at his Upward game!!! At the games, Mr. Albano announces each child's name and they run through fog out onto the court. That was thrilling for this little boy and Mommy even wiped a few tears away! He has waited years to get to run through this fog and have his name announced!!! (pause blog music to hear the video)!














Also this weekend I worked in my circle meeting for church. We had a social dinner/meeting Saturday night and it was really nice. I took gooey bars for dessert and the host had made wonderful vegetable soup. It was a fun girly night out for me while Mike stayed home and watched football with the kids.
We have put a ton of miles on our car this weekend, frozen our tail feathers off at soccer, smiled for pictures, eaten fast food between events, but there is nothing else I would rather be doing than investing my time in my kids. This is what makes us happy-being together and cheering our kiddos on in their adventures. I know when Mike and I are rocking in our rocking chairs in our elderly years we will recall all these crazy weekends with a smile.

No comments:

Post a Comment