Saturday, January 1, 2011

New Years Eve 2010

Well, I have to admit that I am seriously hungover this morning from our New Year's Eve celebrations. I am not hungover from any alcohol but from loud belly laughs with friends, good food, and fun. Seriously, New Years Eve rocked.

Between four families we had 8 adults and 13 children (ages 1-12) and we decided to do a progressive dinner. I never imagined how much fun that idea could really be. We started at our house with appetizers and some games-Daddy root beer chugging contest, Cuponk, and some other minute to win it games (from the tv show). Then we went to our other friends house for yummy dinner and Wii Rock Band. I rocked the microphone and my husband rocked the drums-wait until you see the pictures! We had Mommies vs. the Daddies rock band contest and lets just say the ladies got robbed.

I also would like to say that I have a ton of pictures, but unfortunately I had a camera malfunction with my NEW camera seconds into the party. Yes, I am serious. This week has not been my most wonderful camera week. Anyway, I know my dear friends will share their pictures with me in a day or so, because we have some doozies of Mike rocking Rock Band and Kyle chugging root beer in a contest.

The evening ended at another dear friend's house for dessert and toast at midnight. The kids had fun with Mario Kart at our last stop as we patiently waited to watch the ball drop. Then at midnight we all screamed the countdown and then lots of hugs and kisses ensued. Super fun times for sure with some fun and dear friends. My kids had a blast and Mike and I got to laugh and have fun with some friends while our kids played. It was the kind of night that makes you smile for days as you recall something funny that was said or done.

One of the funniest things that happened was that poor Hope enjoyed watching the bubbles in my glass and decided to pull on it. Sweet bubbly went all over her and got stuck in her hair. A trip to the bathroom cleaned her right up, but it was funny. Also, Kyle was "embarrassed" when Mike and I kissed at midnight-he is getting to that age where we embarrass him on a weekly basis.

I will post pictures when I get some-I promise:) Happy Happy New Year blog friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment