Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Happenings

This week we have once again fought the germ battle around here. Hope is still suffering with her belly and we are fighting back with probiotics, Activia yogurt, and Gatorade. Poor Kyle is home today with the stomach bug-nothing like cleaning up the bathroom at 5 a.m. to get your day started off great!

Today I visited the preschool at church because starting this Monday Hope and I will be teaching a class of sweet four year olds three days a week. Their current teacher has a family emergency and needs to be available for her mother who is fighting cancer. I have LOVED being home the last two years but I have definitely missed teaching preschool. I am so thrilled to step in and help and hopefully Miss Hope will learn along with the class:) I keep telling her that she is going to school Monday and her response is "backpack!" She knows that big brothers take a backpack to school and she needs one too:) I have been lesson planning already!

On another note, because of my blog I have "met" people and received emails about Down Syndrome. Honestly Down Syndrome is not something that I harp on often on here because frankly our life is way bigger than that diagnosis:) David's DS does not often affect our daily life so why mention it often.

This last week, however, I have been praying for a lady that I do not even know and who does not even live in my time zone. All I know is that she is in her second trimester of pregnancy and is considering aborting her baby that has been diagnosed with DS in utero.

The thought of aborting a blessing from the Lord pains my soul. I just want to put David in her face and make her see the potential, love, and amazingness that he is. I want her to understand that if she proceeds that she could indeed miss the biggest blessing that our Lord could bestow on her. I have been praying for her many many times a day begging the Lord to intervene and soften her heart.

It would be so easy for me to judge her and frankly as humans that is our first response. I am trying so hard to turn that judgment and downright anger into the urgency to pray for her. She obviously does not know Who made her child if she is so willing to discard him or her. My soul has been pained over this story that was emailed to me via my blog and I just remind all you prayer warriors to continue to pray for the pro-life movement and our Lord would touch this woman's heart and remind her that He is who He says He is and that his plans are wonderful.

"For I know the plans that I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

This is the verse that spoke volumes to me after David's birth and this is the
verse that I have been praying for this Momma who is facing this hard
decision. I pray that she will know that God has big plans for her for
good if she will just trust in His will.

No comments:

Post a Comment