Sunday, March 27, 2011

Weekend

The weekend went by in such a blur of preschool lesson planning, sports practices, and spring cleaning. I have soooo missed being in the preschool classroom and I have had a ball mapping out the remainder of my year to prepare my inherited class for kindergarten. You know you are a dork when children's literature and lesson plans excite you:) I could not sleep Saturday night for dreaming up new creative plans for my four year olds. Friday morning was hilarious at my house. Hope and I were trying to get ready for preschool and it was school picture day for sweet Dave. He insisted to wear another shirt and tie to school. by 7:10 a.m. he was dressed and looked like a little executive-the only thing missing was a Blackberry! Ha! What stole my heart was this picture. Before Mike left at 7:15 he insisted to get his picture with his Daddy in their matching outfits. The look on David's face in this picture tells it all. Look how proud he is that he matches his Daddy:) Moments like this are precious in the life of a family. I am so thankful that God blessed us with this red-headed wonder with the designer chromosomes. This picture brings me to tears-Mike is such a good Daddy to all three of our children. Then of course David wanted a picture by himself so this is the pose that he chose for in individual shot. I am not sure if the school pictures can beat the ones we took in our kitchen before 7:30 a.m.! Friday night we all went to the luau at Kyle's school. I had to work the snowcone booth (I am still sticky) so Mike was in charge of all three kids at a school event! That is a challenge because David knows the whole world and wanted to visit with everyone.
Caleb, Tonya, and Kyle at the luau.
Grace and Kyle before the luau started. They are getting to the age where pics are definitely not cool but they are sweet friends. I am still smiling over that fact that they wanted to have a sleepover together after bible school last summer:)
This picture is terrible but here is a picture of David waiting his turn at Tball to field the ball. We have such a cute Tball team and DAvid is loving it!!
Practicing hitting with Coach Daddy. Mike is not the head coach of any of the spring sports, but he is the assistant coach for David's soccer and Tball teams, and Kyle's baseball team. Nothing makes Mike happier than coaching his kiddos.
Saturday morning Kyle got an opportunity to go to a soccer clinic that a local college was putting on. Despite the freakishly cold temperatures we are having he LOVED working with this college team. Things like that thrill Kyle and he is definitely enjoying this travel soccer team.


We have such a busy busy week ahead. Every night the kids have at least one practice or a game-spring is busy but I love cheering on my boys in their sports. Life is good.

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful family you have indeed. You are such a wonderful mother and person. You are such an inspiration to so many. I am so glad that I get to watch your family grow through this blog. Can't wait to see what they are up to next. Just precious.

    ReplyDelete