Sunday, September 11, 2011

Cheesy Sausage Ring

This week when I was at the library checking out books for my kiddos I saw this Autumn cookbook by Gooseberry Press and I just had to check it out! We eat lighter meals in the summer, so for me Autumn always means getting my cook on!

I scoured the breakfast section of the cookbook checking out hearty recpes for my boys. Mike and Kyle both eat big breakfasts in the morning and frankly I feel guilty sending Kyle to school on a measley poptart to last him all morning. My boy gets hungry and so I am always looking for hearty stick-to-your -ribs meals. This cheesy sausage ring was a homerun this morning before church.


I cooked my sausage last night and put it in the refrigerator to make it an even easier meal this morning. Our service starts at 9:50 so we are busy bees getting everyone ready.




Isn't it pretty?


Cheesy Sausage Ring:


Ingredients:


2 12 oz tubes of refrigerated biscuits.

1 lb of pork sausage browned and drained

2 cups of shredded monterey jack cheese


Pulll our your pound cake bundt pan. Spray it with cooking spray very thoroughly. Spray it well so your dish will pop out of the bundt pan and look all pretty. Take one tube of your biscuits. Flatten them and place them in the bottom of your bundt pan. I kind of overlapped mine to get all ten to fit. Next spread your cooked sausage over your uncooked biscuits. Sprinkle your cheese over the sausage. Even though I love cheese I did not use the full two cups. Now open your second tube of biscuits and place those on the top of your cheese overlapping if necessary. Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes until biscuits are golden. Let stand for about 5 minutes and then use a knife to go around the side of your pain. flip it over on a cookie sheet and viola! Breakfast is served. They are so cute to cut them into little sliders. Mike and Kyle each ate two of the sliders and we have plenty of leftovers for Monday morning breakfast!!


Enjoy!






1 comment:

  1. Oh my yummy stars. How pretty and so tasty I bet. I will be trying this one!! Kelly

    ReplyDelete