Thursday, February 12, 2009

Jehovah Jireh

This has been a bit of a long week in our house. Mike has had lots of extra meetings and conference calls. It is truly a scary time due to the economy for everyone. The economy is impacting public education and our local school system. The school division budget has to be reduced by several million dollars from an already tight budget. We live in a small, close-knit community and we all take great pride in our school system and have respect for our teachers. Both my boys have great teachers and that is such a blessing to behold:)

I have personally watched Mike wrestle with the budget situation desperately trying to come up with creative ways to cut this money without compromising student achievement or lose any of the wonderful faculty in any of our schools.

Recently, we have have learned of several people that have lost jobs. It is so easy to fall into a major panic. This morning, however, I was opening my bible to keep up with my bible study and an old bookmark fell out. I got this bookmark a long time ago for helping with VBS. Anyway, the bookmark tells all the different names for Jesus and I absolutely love them all. But today, my eyes fell on the one that proclaims that Jesus is Jehovah Jireh-My Provider. What a wonderful and reassuring way to remember that when times are tough we do have a Provider.

I love this video of all the names of Jesus set to Chris Tomlin's How Great is Our God. No matter what we face, there is a name of Jesus that we can call upon. I just had to share this awesome video from Godtube:) Have a great day!

p.s. do not forget to scan down to playlist to mute blog music to play this great video:) Enjoy:)

No comments:

Post a Comment