Sunday, February 1, 2009

Masterpiece

Dear Little Wonder,

Do you know little one how we love you so already? You came bounding into our life like a Freight Train many, many weeks ago. You announced your presence with a big bang and our family has never been the same since. It is almost absurd now to think you were so unexpected, when we talk of you so often. Your brothers are ecstatic about your arrival. Your brother, Kyle is the one that you may hear ask lots of questions about your size and my health, and your other brother David is the one that you may feel giving you "zerberts" through my belly and you probably hear his mischievous giggle. They are quite a pair and I know they will love you to pieces.

We are on the cusp of being able to identify you by the color of your nursery and hopefully even your name. (Just know little one, that it is not looking good for Esther if you are a little girl-I still have a few more months to "encourage" and I will keep you posted). But before we break out the blue or pink, I just want to pause and cherish this moment. Right now the only way we can identify you is by the hand that made you. You were created by the Master so therefore you are His masterpiece. He knitted you together in my womb and knew about you before the beginning of time. Your Daddy and I may be surprised by your presence in our life, but God is not. He delights in surprising us and you, little one, are the ultimate surprise.

Just know that I cannot wait to know what to paint your nursery, but I do not want this monumental moment to slip away and forget where you really came from. You were designed by the same hand that spoke the Heavens and Earth into being.

I cannot wait to break out the blue or pink, because if you must know it has taken great restraint to wait and buy anything for you until we know pink or blue. Your Mommy is quite the shopper and soon we will be so busy getting ready for your big arrival that I did not want to miss the opportunity to relish you as the King's Masterpiece.

We love you,
Mommy and Daddy

No comments:

Post a Comment