Saturday, August 22, 2009

Hope Update



Hope went to the doctor for her 2 month checkup yesterday. She weighed 10 pounds, 9 ounces (30th%) and was 22 1/2 inches long (50th%). The doctor felt that she is growing exactly as she should and obviously she is getting enough milk. Due to the allergies in the family I will continue nursing exclusively until she is 6 months old. Dr. R did continue to hear a heart murmur and she is referring us to a pediatric cardiologist for an echocardiogram to check out that murmur. She told me not to worry, but we are both anxious to get that over with. Hope also got three vaccines:( I was only going to do two, but there is one that she can take by mouth and I was okay with that. I asked the doctor to pick the two most important vaccines and we will do those and save the rest for later. We are worried about giving her the DTP because Kyle and I both had bad reactions to those. Uggh-the vaccine issue freaks me out, but I have promised Mike I will get her completely vaccinated just on an alternate schedule.

We are cleaning out the playroom downstairs this weekend and Mike is trying to recover from that bad virus that we have all passed around. That was the virus that triggered Kyle's asthma two weeks ago.

I took some cupcakes to a swim team picnic last night that were pretty good and super easy-I will post the recipe soon:) If you like chocolate, you will love these!:)

No comments:

Post a Comment