Thursday, February 3, 2011

Super Bowl Recipes

This weekend is going to be super wild and fun with our AAU team hosting a local tournament and then the Super Bowl. I thought to get prepped and excited for the Super Bowl (well just to be honest, I am not excited about the game. I am excited to hang out with some dear friends while our husbands watch the game) I would post some beloved recipes that would be great for this weekend.

My sister-in-law for Christmas gave me a cookbook that her sons' elementary school put together. It is awesome because it has real family meals in it. I have made several dishes, but the favorite so far has been the APPPLE DIP! I made it New Years eve and it was a hit. You dip apples in it, so that kind of negates the fattening ingedients in the dip. Make this and send me thanks later:)

APPLE DIP

1 block of cream cheese
1 cup white sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
2 teaspoons of vanilla
a bag of heath toffee chips (find them with the chocolate chips in baking aisle)
apples or graham crackers for dipping

Beat together ingredients except for the chips. Fold in chips and chill for at least two hours. Really a great dip to make the night before an event. Slice apples for dipping and enjoy.

CROCK POT POTATO SOUP

4 lb new potatoes peeled and cut into 1/4 inch thickness
1 small onion chopped
2 cans (14oz) of chicken broth
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1 pint half and half
Toppings: could include cheddar cheese, bacon, scallions, etc..

Layer potatoes in lightly greased crock pot (I used my big one). Top with chopped onion. Pour broth over and add the salt and pepper. (Broth will not completely cover it). Cover and cook for 3-5 hours until potatoes are tender. When the potatoes are tender, mash with a potato masher and then stir in half and half. Cover and cook on high or 20 more minutes or until it is heated thoroughly. Ladle into bowls and serve with your choice of toppings. YUMMY!

I am really on a cooking kick right now. Tonight we are having lemon chicken which is a new recipe to try. I get so frustrated when I cannot think of anything to cook. I am determined that I will continue to put good food in front of my children and that they will eat it:) Enjoy and happy cooking!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Laura :0) I've been hoping you'd post that soup recipe...I plan on trying it!

    ReplyDelete