Thursday, February 10, 2011

Swimming Dave and Spaghetti

This month David has started some more swimming lessons at the Wellness Center. He did a lot of lessons last year and we are building on that this year. His teacher is very sweet and patient and he really likes her. I insist that all my children be good swimmers. Swimming lessons are really not an option in this family because we are in the water so much in the summer.

Big Dave on the kick board!
This picture totally sums up David's crazy personality! He is such a ham and loves getting his picture taken:)

Kick board time!
Mrs. Anne is actually pushing them to all wear goggles and she had a pair that he could borrow. He put them on and I love this picture of him!
Last night after gymnastics, I came home and made this amazing chicken pasta dish from that cookbook my sister-in-law sent me. Last night's dish was super easy, healthy, and it took me 20 minutes from fridge to table.

Hope was either starving from gymnastics or really loved the dinner because she asked David to help her finish it! The ever helpful Dave obliged and I got these cute pictures! (She had on her pale pink leotard and we stripped her down to eat bright red pasta! Our daughter does not usually eat naked:)

Sibling cuteness!

Here Mom you have some!! I bet you can guess that she went right from the table to the bathtub with this mess:)
Obviously when a recipe is this stinkin' good I must share! All five of us enjoyed this quick and easy dish with very few ingredients. I love recipes that have short ingedient list!
Speedy Italian Chicken With Pasta
2 t. butter
1 lb boneless chicken tenders chopped in bite-sizes
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 clove garlic (I have the can of fresh garlic and just used a little of that)
1 jar of spaghetti sauce -your family's favorite flavor
1 pkg. of thin spaghetti
Parmesan cheese
In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add chicken, onion, and garlic. Cook until the chicken is done and onion is tender. Stir in spaghetti sauce. Reduce heat and simmer covered, stirring frequently for about 10 min. Cook pasta according to pkg directions and drain. Serve sauce over hot pasta and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Enjoy!
This was such a flavorful dish and it was a hit with my family. Try it and let me know what you think!
Today is snow day #18 for us. We have caught up around the house and spent time preparing for Valentine's Day on Monday. Kyle's class valentines are all completed and the cookies are made for the party and in the freezer:)

No comments:

Post a Comment