Wednesday, August 20, 2008

We made it!

We made it through the first day, but there were definately some tears and drama. I am so proud of Kyle, though, because his sweet teacher is injured and was not able to be at school today. He had a substitute that he didn't expect. I cannot believe how well he did. I checked on him later in the day, and his classroom aide told me he cried for about 10 minutes and was fine once all his supplies were found! (I think there was a little incident where a pink pencil box was in his desk instead of the blue one we purchased!)

I have been up since 4:55 a.m. this morning just preparing myself for the drama. Kyle and I prayed so hard last night together about today, but he did go to bed crying. He is so attached to me. Thankfully we made it through the day and he seems okay about going back tomorrow:) It is such a relief to have the first day behind us-now if his sweet teacher can just get better!

David cracked me up because he was so excited to see the buses pull in, give teachers hugs, and overall just greet everyone in the building. We walked him to class, but he never even turned around to say goodbye. It made me a little sad, but I was so proud of my big boy! I got to go to lunch with a group of friends, which was such a treat-there was no food that needed to be cut up, and I got to leisurely chat with friends without being interrupted ONCE!

This look says it all:) He so wanted to be a big boy, but this was taken moments before we walked out the door and he was struggling!


My sweet David never looked back! He took his teacher's hand and walked right on in:)

My gorgeous gifts from above. I cannot believe they are four and six and that both boys are in school fulltime now. Where has the time gone? I just pray they will always be this close and sweet together:)

No comments:

Post a Comment