Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Who Am I

Who Am I by Casting Crowns is one of those songs that just speaks to my heart. It reminds me that God does care about the details of our lives. Sometimes we plead for him to take care of the big stuff and let us handle the small minutia, but that is not how He likes to work. When he says "For I know the plans that I have for you, plans to prosper you, to give you hope and a future" He truly means it!

This lesson I learned way later in life and saw first hand when we moved from Central Virginia to Southwest Virginia. I loved where we lived, I loved my women's Sunday School class, I loved my friends, I loved my old farmhouse with the big porch swing, and we were truly not looking to move stakes.

But thankfully God had other plans for us to give us a hope and future. The things that necessitated the move and the move itself were ugly emotionally for us, BUT God takes care of the small details and we saw that first hand.

Our home sold in under two weeks actually higher than we had asked for it. We were stressed about some furniture that was perfect for our old farmhouse but would be tacky here in this house. Once again, God stepped up and the new buyer wanted to buy ANYTHING we had left in the home! What a blessing for us and our movers:)

I was worried about doctors and opportunities for David in southwest Virginia, but I got connected before we even moved here with the Burkett family and sweet Caroline and that was once again reminder to me that God has it all under control. We did not know anyone in Central Virginia that had a baby with DS, but here I was already connected to a Mom that had a sweet girl just two years ahead of David?! She helped me navigated the IEP and service provider world once we moved here and continues to be a blessing to us.

God took a time in our lives that truly was unexpected and smoothed the path for us to get from point A to point B. I remember sobbing as we locked that door to the farmhouse for the last time and asking Mike why we had to do this?! But something that seemed to hard at the time now in a lot of ways makes perfect sense.

Thankfully God can see the whole plan before us and not just the here and now like we can. This song by Casting Crowns ministers to me that Jesus truly cares about the details of my life and yours. He is like our very own CEO that thankfully has our best interests at heart:)



No comments:

Post a Comment