Sunday, August 18, 2013

Baseball and My Favorite New Song

This weekend has been fun because we have been together as a family. Kyle had a fall baseball tournament and we went to cheer on this newly formed team. It is full of great kids and parents and it was actually fun! I am not a huge baseball fan, but it was fun to see our kids having fun. For their first tournament they did great.

I have come to the realization that this time is precious. Kyle starting middle school has been a reality check for me that time is fleeting. I complain about the sports and the traveling, but really I am now choosing to embrace it. I love being together as a family with some other fun families cheering each other's kids on. I know when I am old and rocking on my front porch I will fondly recall some of the memorable times that we have had at various fields and basketball courts.

I have found a new worship song that is blowing my mind and I have to share. It is from a group that I am not too familiar with, but you must listen to this "song." If you don't make it through the whole song, please listen to the one minute sermon around minute 3:20 by John Piper. Considering the fact that David has another scan in less than two weeks I am clinging to God's truths and His encouraging words. I promise this will be the best six minutes of your day today:) I made Mike listen to it on the way to the tournament because he loves acoustic music and the one minute sermon in the middle is profound.



Though you slay me yet I will praise you
Though you take from me I will bless your name
Though you ruin me still I will worship
Sing a song to the one
Who's all I need.


God is good despite the trials and uncertainties we face in this life. I am so thankful for His word that encourages me when I am feeling defeated, and gives me peace when we are facing that dreaded CT on August 30th.


No comments:

Post a Comment