Thursday, March 4, 2010

Leaning

Leaning, Leaning, Leaning on the Everlasting Arms....I love that old hymn and it has been on repeat in my mind for several days now. Ever since I acknowledged to a friend on the phone the other day that times are tough right now but it WILL not last forever. Mike has been putting in long and brutal days lately preparing the budget and getting up at 5 a.m. daily for weather checks. (It has literally snowed a little each day which means we have been on a delayed school schedule). Sweet Hope has been super high maintenance lately due to possibly some teething issues, and the boys are just being boys:) It has been intense around here lately with little time for relaxing.

I am not whining...really. I am actually appreciating these times as a reminder to get on my knees and pray. When times are rolling super smoothly, my prayer life is maybe not as full as when I am feeling back against a wall and the only place I can turn is up. I never relish the tough times, but I do relish the time with God during the tough times. He promises to never leave us and I take him up on that regularly.

Our "tough" times are mostly fueled by intense days of work for Mike and parenting by me. This will pass. In the meantime, I just need to hang on to God and my little family until life settles down a tad. I know that all the teaching and disciplining that the boys are receiving will pay off and I know at some point Hope will have all her teeth. The transition to table food is not going so hot for sweet girl, which also has me worried.

Parenting is such a demanding but amazing job. We have been working so hard with both boys on being good, thoughtful people. Children just do not know how to do these things innately, but we must as parents teach them or they will be brats! I want my children to think of others' feelings and to be kind. Children naturally are selfish, self-centered people, so I feel that we must get them to think of others.

In the meantime, I will get out my little scripture cards reminding me of God's promises from the bible and maybe humming an old hymn or two. God is with us each and every step of the way-even through long days, dismal budgets, and even a child that wants to act like a brat!

No comments:

Post a Comment